Friday, April 27, 2012

I'm trying to not be excited. But I'm failing. Miserably.

I signed a contract with a new realtor a week or so ago.  One that I think I should have used from day one.  I can't go back, I can only be thankful for the experiences and lessons I've learned in the meantime.

Anyhow. 

I've had two showings in a week.  I'm thankful for showings.  Showings=Potential Buyers.

However, showings also equal mad dash of cleaning, scrubbing, and making the house complete perfection. 

Perfectly organized cupboards. Perfectly made beds.  Perfect lines vacuumed in the carpets.  Perfect arrangments of flowers.  Perfect layout of furniture.  Perfect lines mowed in the yard.  Perfect flower beds with the perfect distribution of color.  Perfect. 

Perfection is something I can get carried away with. 

Just ask my kids. 

This whole 'selling my house' thing is driving me nutty.

Last night was the second showing of the week. 

My realtor called me and gave me the feedback from the other realtor. 

They had looked at 8 houses yesterday and narrowed it down to 2.

Mine was one of the two.

Heart pounding, hold your breath, stomach hurt. 

Trying not to be excited.

Trying not to get my hopes up. 

Trying to be patient.

Trying to be still and know that He is God.

But the butterflies are still there.

I'm still hopeful.

My mind wanders.  What if this is the one?

If so then soon I will be packing.

Soon I will be pounding the pavement looking for a job.

Soon I will be heading East. Towards home.

Soon I will be settling in my new cozy home.

But what if they choose the other house?

Then disappointment will settle in.

I'll get over the disappointment.

In time.

Please pray?

Please?

Pray that this is the one. 

Add to your prayer to heal my heart if they choose the other home. 

To protect my heart from the darkness of disappointment.

Just pray.

'Okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment