Thursday, May 3, 2012

PhD in Patience

Tuesday morning the realtor called. 

"I have an offer coming in on your home.  Can you be in my office today at one?"

My heart pounded all day.  I couldn't believe that this might actually be happening.
I also realized that a million things could happen and that this might not go through.

But one has to hope, right?

To make a long story short, after 3 days of negotiating, they rejected my final offer.

I gave in on a ton of things.

But they would not bend on the one thing I simply could not bend on.  It wasn't a matter of not wanting to, its a matter of not being able to. 

Their realtor actually admitted to mine that she was not sure what this couple was thinking.  They should have taken the offer and will regret it.

From what I understand they have looked at 15 homes, only liked mine, and yet will not budge on this tiny detail. 

My thoughts immediately went to what would have happened if they signed the contract, we started inspections, etc.  Then a day before closing they decide to back out.  How much more aggravating would that be?? 

Maybe God protected me from a worse situation.  Don't know for sure and will most likely never know.

I do know that I need to keep pressing forward. 

Just keep praying.


No comments:

Post a Comment