Friday, June 3, 2011

An Ocean, A Kayak, and A Map

Have you ever felt like you were in a teeny, tiny kayak paddling in the big ocean?

I do.

Right now.

I know where I'm headed. At least I know where I am supposed to be headed.

I just have no idea if I am actually headed in that direction.

For all I know I'm spinning in circles.

Last summer God made it very clear to me that I was to move to Connecticut. {Maybe I'll share that amazing journey sometime}.

I know the point of my intended destination.

But lately I've just felt that I have been blindly paddling.

I felt as though I could be paddling backwards.

I was getting very discouraged.

My house still hasn't sold.

I can't seem to put the pieces together on how to get a job while living 600 miles away and with not being sure when I can start.

I'm just not sure if I am doing it right.

I prayed for a little sign.

A glimpse of the map or a star in the sky; to let me know I was headed in the right direction.

Okay. Honestly? I prayed for a huge gust of wind to push me towards my destination faster and then quickly changed my mind.

I don't want to find out what would happen if a big breeze shoved me along too quickly~slamming into the shore ahead of schedule is not the best plan.

Once I prayed for just a glimpse, just something, to show me that I was indeed on the right course I realized all the little things God has done to slowly move me along.

I don't need to paddle so hard.

I don't need to panic and wonder where I am.

I don't need to worry that my supplies I have tucked in my canoe will run out before I reach the shore.

I don't need to have anxiety over the future.

All I need to do is trust.

As I paddle along the gentle waves, I'll be praying that God will keep me on course and not allow me to get frantic with paddling causing me to drift in the wrong direction.

One day soon I will see land in sight. And I will be thankful I let God my Father be my guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment