Wednesday, October 17, 2012

One more paper for him to sign...

I wasn't planning on writing about this certain predicament I am in. 

But I'm going to.  Only because I seriously and most desperately need your prayers.

As you all know, the children and I are in the process of changing our last names back to my maiden name.  Everything has gone smoothly and actually faster than first anticipated.

Then the lawyer emailed me and said that if Randy shows up to court (on the 30th) and signs acknowledgement that the children's names will be changed, then we don't need that second hearing.  If he doesn't show up (or if he shows up and fights the change) then we will have the second hearing to prove that it is in the best interest of the children to change it.

I'm not worried about proving its right and good for the children.  Their dad has not attempted to see them in over 18 months. 

What I would like to avoid is the extra cost it will take to have that second hearing.  And not just monetary.  The stress and anxiety in my life is at its max and can't go much higher.

Also, I would be free to move once the hearing is completed.  I would love to let the children finish the semester here, with a sense of closure.  Then start up after taking a week off for settling in.  I would also be on a school break at that time.

However, if there is a second hearing required, it will put me further into January and yet another month would be wasted.

Randy was served papers, but has not acknowledged them.  Therefore, this first hearing will be considered uncontested (for my name change). 

About 2 weeks ago, I decided to mail him a personal letter.  I don't have his phone number (he changed it so I couldn't contact him) so I could only mail him a quick note requesting he see my attorney for papers to sign.

Of course he didn't contact the lawyer to go in and sign.

This morning I sent another letter, asking him to see my lawyer or at least show up to court. 

I'm sure it sounds ridiculous to do that, but I needed to at least attempt.

I've been praying and begging God to turn Randy's heart and have him sign the papers. 

But I feel so alone and isolated in these prayers. 

That is why I am asking you to pray.  Pray that Randy will either go sign the papers before the court (ideal so I don't have to see him face to face in court) or that he will show up on the 30th and be agreeable.

This may be personal and maybe too open; but I have been witness to so many miracles that were fruits of your prayers. 

So I'm asking again.

Please pray that Randy will sign these papers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment