Wednesday, February 9, 2011

There's a hippo in my tub

The past few weeks it has been laid on my heart to start a blog.  My life is such a circus with all that I juggle and I wouldn't survive it without seeing humor in it all.  My children are all so active and creative that I must maintain this humor to manage being a single mom.  Sometimes I think the greatest struggle I have as a single mom is not having that other parent to share the little things the kids do each day.  I see the kids achieving great things and I want to shout it to the world.  I see them doing things that are quite creative, yet ornery.  And even in my frustration at the messes, I want to laugh and share it with someone. 

So the idea of a blog came to mind.  A place to share my joys and sorrows.  A place to share the entertainment of my crazy life.  A way to make someone else smile through it all. 

The first step, I knew, was coming up with a name.  I wanted something catchy.fun.exciting. A name that summed up my life.  This morning it happened.  I was getting ready for work and started the water for my bath.  There was one single toy left in the bathtub from the kids' previous bath.  One simple hippo.  I said out loud to Reagan (other two were at school) "There's a  hippo in my tub".  As soon as I said the words I knew! This was it! 

So I decided to google search "There's a hippo in my tub" to see if someone else had come up with this genius title!  And I came across this darling YouTube video that you can view here.  Too cute!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Julie I am going to really enjoy reading your blog!! The name is WONDERFUL! You are off to a good start and I look forward to many laughs, smiles and even tears to share with you!!! Good luck! Love you!

    ReplyDelete