Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Pillows

I can't remember the exact year. 

It was either 1998 or 1999 I received the Christmas Pillows. 

The date doesn't really matter.  What matters is what these pillows represent. 

They represent friendship, laughter, memories, but most of all love.

I met my friend Colette while working at a family physician's office.  It was quite the place to be, and we needed each other to work through our days. 

We soon became great friends.  The type of friend that you can give that certain look and she knows exactly what you are thinking.  The type of friend you can giggle with.  The type of friend who will do anything for you.  The type of friend who you somehow lost contact with but  when you found her ten years later and it was like a moment never passed. 

Colette made me Christmas pillows for Christmas one year.  Ever since, they have always been a part of my Christmas'.

This year fall they were packed away, tucked into storage to be moved safely.

I wasn't going to decorate at all for Christmas.  Too much work and not enough time.  But the kids convinced me to do a little bit of festivities.  Up went a teeny tiny tree and up went a bit of garland. 

I thought that would be enough; but something was missing.  It took me a moment, but then I realized: The Christmas pillows. 

I haven't celebrated a Christmas in  14 years without my pillows out for display.  I knew that I needed to dig through my storage unit and find the pillows.  I had no idea where I was going to put them.  We are in a teeny apartment without much space to put our necessities, but I wanted my pillows.

I went to the storage unit with Reagan and we dug through boxes for quite sometime.  Short of emptying the entire unit, I had to give up.  I know they are there.  I know what the box even looks like; I just think its buried. 

This Christmas feels a little bit lonely without my pillows. 

Next year they will be displayed beautfully in my New England home.  And Christmas will seem like Christmas again.

Picture from last year. 
I just love my Christmas pillows and who made them for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment