Tuesday, December 11, 2012

One Need


But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Phil 4:19

Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink nor yet for your body…..your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. Matthew 625-32

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened….If ye then, being evil know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? Matthew 7:7-11

But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me; thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God. Psalm 40:17 

I read and reread these verses.  Knowing there is a promise but still waiting on this one need to be filled. 

I need a job.  I need a job where I can support my kids.  This market is so tough. It’s a game and one  that I’m learning as I go.  I know so many people have been looking much longer than I have.   I can’t imagine how much more I can stand of this.

I spend hours every night, late into the night after schoolwork, applying and applying.   To network with people you know and try and find some ray of light.  To every day get rejection emails saying “you aren’t what we are looking for” and you start to believe that maybe you aren’t what anyone is looking for. 

Then to finally land an interview and seconds into it realize it was set up to fail, that she never looked at your resume and just needed to stack the numbers of interviews so she could hire the person she already had in mind. 

There were three things standing in the way of us moving to Connecticut.  One is the final court hearing.  Maybe I should be more concerned, but I’m not at all.  In fact, I often forget it even needs to happen.  Just waiting on final word of the date set.  Should be soon.  Hoping it’s very soon.

There was another obstacle that was there.  When I would stare it down I didn’t see how it could be removed.  But with events that took over 4 days the wall was toppled to the ground.  That is gone too.

The final complication is finding a job.  I am too afraid to take that leap of moving without a job secured. 

The job market is next to impossible.  I have heard it said that finding a job is a full-time job and I am starting to believe it. 

There is a tiny ray of hope.  I’ve had a referral into a hospital.  But there is the realization that it will be a miracle if I get it.  Someone has to talk to someone who has to connect with someone in hopes they accept the referral and look over the resume.  Even then they could trash it and move on to the next. 

I’m getting really discouraged. 

I beg God to provide a job.  I don’t need a high-ranking job or one of importance; I just want a job that I can support my children with. 

Can you pray with me, that this will work out?  That God really will supply my need?      

No comments:

Post a Comment