Tuesday, January 15, 2013

7 kids, ages 10 and under: Paint, Tee-shirts, and Tie-dye

I had a little surprise planned for my sisters and mom.

It involved 7 kids, ages 10 and under, paint, tee-shirts, and tie-dye.

It sounded like a great idea.

Once I dove into the project, I realized how it could go two very different ways.

It could either be a hit or a terrible disaster.

It was a hit.

I had planned on taking tons of pictures of the day.  We had so much fun and I wanted to remember it.

This is the only photo I grabbed. And it was a quickie on Auntie Tricie's phone.


I was concentrating so hard on not getting paint all over moms house that the camera was forgotten.

I had two projects going at once. 

The first was hand print art in  Christmas themes.  A gift for Grandmas, aunts, and moms.  This involved thumbprints and full blown hand-prints.  So.much.fun.

The next surprise was for my mom for us to show her on Christmas.

We tie-dyed tee-shirts, each child choosing their own color theme.

I let it set a few days before washing it out.

Christmas Eve found me ironing on names and numbers on the back of the shirts.

I made the shirts resemble a jersey.  Their names on the back with a large number.  The number assigned to each back was the birth order they were a grandchild.

 
I even did a onesie with an '8' on the back for Baby Gasser who would be arriving in a few weeks!


After opening gifts; Tricia and I took all the kids into moms room.  We put their shirts on them and had them line up in order.  I yelled out to Mom, Kelly & Kurt, and Stacy and told them to close their eyes.

The children silently walked into the living room, in numerical order and lined up with their backs facing the couch.



The reacted exactly how we had hoped they would.  With Grandma/Mom squealing saying how cute they were!

We did a video of mom calling out their names for them to turn around.  We had so much fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment