Monday, January 7, 2013

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

This year I wasn't sure how much I was going to do for Christmas. 

After spending a year and a half getting rid of stuff, I wasn't sure I wanted to spend more money on stuff that I would later have to pick up. 

But I relented and bought a few things. 

We have a tradition of opening gifts on Christmas Eve.  It is more relaxed and enjoyable than the rush of Christmas Day.




 I had a few surprises up my sleeve for each child.  While our Christmas wasn't huge; I wanted what they received to be memorable.

I thought I did good but right before opening gifts I started to get nervous that they wouldn't like it. 

The look on his face when he realized what it was relieved any fears I had:

 
Riley had been wanting a DS so bad.  His dad bought him one years ago and Reagan busted it in half.  Then I bought him one awhile ago but took from him as a punishment.  I hid it so good that we never found it :-(  Even with the move.  He wasn't too happy with me. 
 
I didn't really want to spend that much money on a gift so I watched Ebay and got an awesome deal on a used one.  Rhianna had always wanted one as well so I found her a pink one. 
 
They were thrilled!
 
Opening...

Rhianna peaking at Riley's to see what he has...

Riley realizing what it is and Rhianna still trying to crack the package open. 
Woohoo!  A pearly pink DS (finally a GIRLIE one) of her very own!!
 
Now all three kids have their own game that they can play together in the car on our long trip!
 
We had an awesome Christmas Day the next day.  We went to church in the morning and then my moms for the day.  We had my grandparent's Christmas (on my dad's side) that night. 
 
It was a simple Christmas but the best one in years!


No comments:

Post a Comment