Saturday, November 30, 2013

Reality

Every year I dream of having a picture perfect evening of decorating for the holidays.

Making hot chocolate, Christmas music softly playing in the background, kids sweetly hanging stockings, and putting memorable ornaments on the tree while I'm snapping beautiful photos that will someday be put into a scrapbook.

Something kinda like this:


Then reality smacks me in face.

I don't have time for scrapbooking...

Not to mention:

One kid is crying on the couch and I have NO idea why.

The other kid is mad because their siblings have 3 homemade ornaments on the tree and she only has 2.

Another kid walks around with a nerf rifle shooting his siblings and refusing to stop until they are crying.

They tell me our house is boring and that all the houses are boring and that the only houses that are fun are the houses they have never been to.

They are grumping while they are helping me wrap the garland around the porch because they want to help but THIS JOB is not fun...they want to help doing a FUN job.

Another one starts crying and yet again, I have no idea why.   Something about having a horrible/awful life.

Nerf bullets still zing through the air.


I wonder to myself...is this normal?  Or am I simply failing at creating warm holiday memories with my kids?

Next week I was planning on getting a live tree instead of setting up the scraggly fake one.

We've never had a live tree before.

And after today I'm not sure if I want to get one.

It will be an adventure...that is for sure.

I told my kids that after their pathetic behavior today I might cancel Christmas.


I may or may not have been a bit over dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment