Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Isaiah 43:2

Isaiah 43:2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee; when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

A favorite verse of mine.

Speaks to us all in so many different circumstances of life.

This verse has been in my face, shall we say, the last few days.  And I'm not completely sure why.

In my face like every where I look I see it.

In my dreams I recited this to myself when I found out someone I loved had passed.

In both novels I've been reading.

There was even a visitor of a patient who forgot to bring their Bible.  She asked if I would print something out online.  When asking the patient's scripture of choice she said "Oh, something uplifting...maybe Isaiah 43."  I almost responded..of course Isaiah 43...because what else has been in front of me.  

If I can be honest, I'm kinda scared.  What is God telling me?  What is battle is God preparing me for?

Its a strong verse.  One that gives hope in the middle of fear.

Not one that someone would read while floating through life with no troubles.

But yet, I'm not scared.  If God is preparing me, then He has already prepared the way through this.  So I can just float through life with no worries.

Right?

Just.float.

But what is just around the bend?

No comments:

Post a Comment