Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Patient in Rm 3XX

God uses all kinds of people.

There is a sweet man who is a patient on our floor.

I'm not even going to post his room number (hence the X's in the title) because too many of my co-workers read this and there's all that HIPAA stuff :-)

However, considering this gentleman has touched most (if not all) of our hearts in one way or another, it won't be too hard to figure out who I'm talking about.

I'm not going to share what he told me.

I'm going to just ponder it in my heart.

I was blessed with the opportunity to hold his hand awhile last night while he was scared and lonely.

While I was doing this, he shared something with me.

I almost cried.

And I rarely cry.

But I knew, right then, that God sent him to tell me what he told me.

I know now that everything is going to be okay.

I've been excited and scared at the same time at the concept of tackling 2014.

Now I can't wait to experience all the goodness this year has to bring.

Even the good things that feel tough.

God sends all kinds of people into our lives for a reason.

Some of those people may seem helpless.

Don't pass them by.

Be still and listen.

For those things that they tell you, might be the most profound of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment