Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sweet

I have the world's sweetest girlie.  Seriously.  I adore her. And I love being in the kitchen with her.  I may fail at many things as a Mama but one thing I am sure of.  My kids will know how to make cookies. 
 After all, what else is important?



It was her turn to take in snack for school and I had a few extra spring cut outs in the freezer.  All I needed to do was quick decorate them. 





First. We rolled out the fondant.


Then we mixed in the coloring gel to the royal icing. 
Rhianna wanted to mix the pink.








We then set out to put the finishing touches on the cookies.  First we laid out the fondant.  Then we added  detail with Royal Icing.  We waited a few minutes for the icing to set. 



After the icing had dried, we placed them in a plastic sleeve and packaged them in spring time novelty bags.




Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap.

 

~Barbara Jordan~

No comments:

Post a Comment