Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday's Dinner

There is an amazing group of families, from church, that signed up in a rotation to bring my children and me dinner on Tuesdays. 

I come home from work on Tuesdays to find a meal in my refrigerator ready to be heated up and enjoyed.

I know the meal is coming, and yet every Tuesday I am left speechless and humbled at the loving work they did to bring my family food to lighten my load. 

I hope that they can understand how helpful it is. 

I hope they know what a light they are to my children; they will remember this and do likewise for others in the future.

I want to encourage my readers to do random acts of kindness for a single mom or widow.  Especially ones who don't have the incredible strength of a church family or the helping hands of immediate family members.  There are so many single moms out there who are alone.

My load is so very light compared to there's.  I catch myself whining to myself at times and then I kick myself.  I have nothing to complain about.  I'm rather spoiled...

Please?  Remember all the single moms around the world who are struggling.  Whether you judge them think they put themselves in their position or not.  Lift them up in prayer.  Lift their children up in prayer.   God knows them.  He knows the tears we they cry at night; from loneliness, exhaustion, fear, doubt, worry.  He knows their needs and how they can be met.  You don't need to know  their names; He knows them already.  Just remember them while you pray. 

I have it so.very.good.

No comments:

Post a Comment