Sunday, May 1, 2011

Praising Him

Have you ever been chastised by yourself, from the past, for something you are doing in the present?

Confused?

I don't blame you.

Let me explain.

I've been whinging this past week. And from my previous post, we all can remember that I said I wasn't going to do that anymore.

But. I have been. 

Funny thing happened though.

I was looking through old posts and came across the one I wrote on whinging. 

I got to this paragraph and almost croaked:

How often does God put up with our whinging?  Do we do as the Children of Israel did, whine and complain and throw tantrums at our circumstance?  I wonder what other provisions God had in store for the Israelites?  Provisions that He never gave them because they whinged their way through the desert for 40 years. How often would they praise God for the provisions He gave them?  Do you think He had more to give but was waiting to see how they reacted?  What blessing is God holding back from giving us because we are not thankful for the blessings we already have?

Wow. I already had forgotten.

And myself in the past, reprimanded myself in the present.

I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed with it all:

School.
Work.
Raising kids
Selling a house
Moving
Finding a job
Finding a place to live
Life
Must I go on????

Anyhow.  I hadn't been praising God for all the wonderful things I have:

Salvation
Church
My children
Family
Friends
Faith
Grace
Home
Food
Clothes
I could go on forever...

I am going to stop worrying.stressing.panicking. and start praising

I decided to start right here.right now. On this blog.

Know what God gave me the past week? Amongst many other blessings?

Blossoms.
Spring blossoms.

I love the beauty of fresh spring flowers.

Such a promise of fresh newness.

I spent the past few days working outside in the yard and flower beds.  Digging in the fresh soil.  Planting some new flowers.  Mowing the lawn.  Breathing in the fresh.clean.new spring air. 

It was glorious.

I"ll share with you what God has given me in my corner of the world:

I will praise thee, O Lord  my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore
~Psalm 86:12~

Praise ye the LORD. I will praise the LORD with my whole heart,
~Psalm 111:1~ 

And to stand every morning to thank  and praise the LORD, and likewise at even
~1 Chronicles 23:30~

And he hath put a new song in my mouth even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD
~Psalm 40:3~ 

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise
~Jeremiah 17:14~ 

And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people
~Romans 15:11~

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever
~1Chronicles 16:34~


So we thy people and sheep of thy pasture will give thee thanks for ever: we will shew forth thy praise to all generations
~Psalm 79:13~


But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
~Psalm 5:11~

No comments:

Post a Comment