Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Progress {Job Update}

Just a quick post to update you on the progress. 

I have to keep reminding myself that all of this can fall through and nothing come of it.

But I'm still really excited :-)

Last week I emailed one of the contacts.

She said she had a lot to do and to nudge her next week.

Nudge?

That didn't seem overly exciting.

I was going to wait until mid week to nudge her again.

Then Monday afternoon an email popped up telling me to go to the corporate website and apply for job so and so...if I was interested.

Um. Interested?

Yea I was interested!!!

She said that would get me in their queue and we could move forward from there but I had already covered considerable ground.

She closed the email with  "I'll talk to you soon"

That sounds better than: "I'll be in touch"....right??

Of course, I went to the website as fast as I could and submitted my resume and information.

It's now Wednesday evening and haven't heard anything.

I know 2 days isn't that long.  I know that it all takes time and it all has to go through the process.  I know, I know....

But I'm dying to know what is next.  And when that next step will be.

As I look at the calendar, I wonder what my next month will be.  Will it be waiting? or frantically packing? and finding a place to live? 

I'm trying to enjoy the summer days with my kids knowing that this will probably be the last one where we can have unplanned picnics and friends over (almost daily) doing fun things.

In the meantime I watch my email account like a hawk.

No comments:

Post a Comment