Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Resting in His Promises {Psalm 37}

I'm still waiting.

From what I've been told, getting work contracts finalized can take weeks or even months. 

So I wait. 

Monday night, after driving all day, I lay in bed with my Bible.

After a whirlwind weekend like that, the Psalms were calling me.

I make notations (dates, small comments, etc.) in my Bible to remind me in later years of how God provided through scripture.

As I glanced through, I noticed written in pencil above Psalm 37 a date: 2/10. 

I think that was just the beginning stages of when God began to nudge me to pray about moving.

Marked in Psalm 37 was "he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." and "trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."

My eyes fell on a few verses below to "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him; fret not thyself"

Only that verse allowed me to sleep Monday night. 

I was restless from the drive.

But mostly restless from excitement and apprehension of the unknown of how fast or slow this job contract would go (or if it would fall through in the end).

Tuesday night, still restless, I grabbed my Bible from the stand {still open to Psalm 37} and looking down I saw "Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land"

I'm going to get my highlighter and my pencil and write in the margin all that God has shown me through this Psalm. 

When I'm discouraged and possibly frustrated, I can look back and flip the pages of the Bible and find all different times and occasions where He provided when I was the weakest.

In the meantime, I'm going to rest in His promises and wait.

{and do a bit of organizing for easy packing...just in case, right?  ;-}

No comments:

Post a Comment