Monday, July 8, 2013

'860' Phone Calls

I was hoping to hear something this week about the progress of the hiring process.

Throughout the week days I check my emails hundreds of times each day.

I'm starting to think that the 'watched email account doesn't get the email like the watched pot never boils'.

I'm keeping a realistic viewpoint of this and knowing that this could all fall out from under me and even if it doesn't it could still take weeks or months for the process to complete.

But I was still hoping to get a little ray of sunshine and find out more of the progress of the process.

I woke up this morning and was telling myself that Mondays are probably very hectic at a big business so I most likely wouldn't hear anything today....or even tomorrow.

I would maybe hear something on Thursday or Friday so chill out Julie! 

But I still checked my email every few minutes.

Nothing.

Then the phone rang.

860-xxx-xxxx was on the caller i.d.

Like I always do when an 860 {Conn. #} rings I yell to my kids "BE QUIET!  ITS HARTFORD!!"

Part of me thought it was maybe a friend calling who I didn't have stored in my phone contacts.

Which would be lovely to hear from a friend, but...well, you know...I want progress on this job thing!  

I ran out the front door {front porch = quietest place in the house} and answered as professionally as I could muster.

Sure enough, it was human resources calling!!!

She wanted to touch base with me and set up a formal phone interview with someone I had already {informally} met with.

The phone interview is scheduled for tomorrow morning.

I'm not sure what all will be asked or what happens after this.

Assuming I don't bomb the whole thing.

One more step, one more piece of the process.

Pray for me, will you?

This is getting rather exciting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment