Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Psalm 118 {Middle Verse}

Some time ago, someone told me to slowly read Psalm 118.

Very.very.slowly.

I'm sure at the time I did.

The reminder came to me again last week.

So I read it again.

Very.very.slowly.

It was exactly what I needed to hear.

The simplicity of a Psalm, yet tremendously comforting to my soul.

As I was reading I noticed a little notation by verse 8.

In my Bible, these notations will send you to the reference column on the page.

I glanced over to the reference and it said 'The middle verse of the Bible.'

I read the verse again.

And again.

And again.

The thought that came to me was 'any random verse could be the middle verse.  But by no accident, THIS verse is the middle verse.  If you could sum up the entire Bible in ONE verse; this would be the verse.  And it is place in the exact middle of the Bible.'

"It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidences in man."
***

Reading this and knowing that God, being all knowing and all powerful, placed that verse in the middle was incredible to me.

Reading this and 'hearing' God speak it to me was exactly what I needed this week.

I'm still in the waiting game while they work through corporate process.  I know there is a purpose in it.  I know that things take time.  I know they are working on it.  But I'm still waiting.

While I wait, I start to worry.

I start to wonder.

I started to have fear.

Then.  I read that verse.

I read it over.

And over.

And over.

No comments:

Post a Comment