Sunday, July 7, 2013

Whiny Fireworks

We did fireworks 'for real' tonight.

Not just driving around, creeping through the packed neighborhoods that were close to the launch site.

We did the 'lawn chair, sparklers, ice cream cone' real deal fireworks.

I love going to Orrville Fireworks.

They never fail to bring a good show.

We had Riley's friend Hannah (actually she's a friend of the whole family:) with us, which is always a great time.

She is great at putting up with the crazy antics of the kids (and me too sometimes!).

We went through McDonald's to grab a cheap cone and then found our way to our spot.

We did a few of the sparklers that Hannah brought and then they played tag in the dark.

I have no idea how there were no crashes and cracked heads.

The fireworks started and a few minutes into it the fussing started.

Reagan was 'bored' because there was 'nothing to do'.

Uh?

Nothing to do????

He wasn't sold on my idea of 'sitting and watching the fireworks'.

Then he decided he was hungry.

Which I was kinda understanding...dinner was a long time ago.

But there was the fact that he didn't want to finish his ice cream 15 minutes earlier because he was full.

I cuddled him a little bit and that settled him down.

For a time.

Then the fussing started again.

****
Am I the only parent who deals with this?

I really want to do fun things with my kids.  I really try to do fun things with them.

But it never fails, at least one complains the whole time.

Will they look back on times like tonight and remember they were miserable?  Or will they only remember that it was fun?

Because sometimes I want to say forget it and just not do anything fun.

****

After the grand finale, we headed to the car and started to get in line to get onto 57.

That is when I realized I only had 1/4 tank of gas.

Most likely enough, but didn't want to risk it.

We stayed in the parking lot and they played frisbee and lit the remaining sparklers.

Reagan cried in the car.

He did finally listen to reason, seeing the long line of cars knowing we would be sitting in that line.

Then he cried because they wouldn't throw him the frisbee.

Oh my.

By the time we made it home, he had his happy-go-lucky nature back.

Why does the crying and whining and fussing have to always happen while we supposedly are having fun?

All in all I think we had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment